Ever since CoronaVirus Pandemic stopped production of all drama in the United Kingdom, Emmerdale and Coronation Street has been running on a reduced capacity but not for much longer. Come 14 September 2020, the Manchester-based programme will return to 6 episodes a week.
An ITV/STV spokesperson has told AndyGibsonTV.com what's to come on the cobbles in the very near future.
- David Platt (Jack P. Shepherd) & Shona Platt (Julia Goulding) will fight to rekindle their lost love after Shona was shot by Derek Milligan last Christmas.
- Recently, Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) has been using sex worker, Nicky Wheatley (Kimberly Hart-Simpson) as a form of replacement for his dead wife. According to an ITV insider, this is set to "deepen" in the near future.
- Since Debbie Webster (Sue Devaney) has come back to Weatherfield, she has been a thorn in the side of Abi Franklin (Sally Carman). Viewers should buckle-in because a catastrophic rivalry is about to begin between the two women.
- Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) has been innocently assisting fellow addict, Abi, but his involvement will soon bring darkness to his door and Carla Connor (Alison King) will be caught in the crossfire.
- Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) is set to "take on the world", according to a source, as she fights to save her son Oliver. To throw a spanner in the works, Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) will be haunted with a face of the past when Natasha Blakeman (Rachel Leskovac) finds herself back in Weatherfield. It has been suggested Natasha will threaten Nick's future in Weatherfield.
- The return of Todd Grimshaw (Gareth Pierce) spells more heartache for Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) and plants a bomb under Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank) and Paul Foreman (Peter Ash). But it’s not all heartache for Eileen when a new arrival puts a spring in her step!
- And with Tanisha Gorey featured in the promotional image, there is something coming up for Asha Alahan as well.